Thursday, September 30, 2004

Rice Porridge


Don't burn your tongue!

This was my supper yesterday. It got unbelievably chilly last night after the typhoon passed. After spending some time in the heavy rain in the late afternoon, I felt very cold and tired when I got home. Maybe catching a cold? So I decided to make the rice porridge that I usually eat when I have a cold. To this special porridge, I put chicken, egg, and a lot of Chinese chive. For seasoning, I used instant dashi stock and soy sauce.

This small earthen pot or donabe is my favorite one. It’s a special donabe for porridge-making (for one serving). See? The top can be used as a rice bowl.

Cute, isn’t it?

One question: Are Chinese chive and leek the same thing?

1 comments:

obachan said...

Ahhhhhh, sounds good! Tempra dinner! That’s something I haven’t had for a long time… I’ll definitely go for it sometime this month.