Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Crystallized Ginger?


Crystallized ginger?

Yesterday I made something like what you call crystallized ginger, following a Japanese recipe of candied(?) ginger. I’m not sure if what I made is the same as your crystallized ginger, but it is indeed sweet and has pretty strong ginger flavor, so I’m happy with the result. Can’t wait to use some for baking!

I’m posting a few photos from a “local specialty fair” that I went last Sunday.

Yomogi(Japanese mugwort) pancakes with anko (sweet soybean paste) inside


Dried fish from my hometown: Kinmedai(Bigeye) and Kamasu(Red barracuda? Peto?)


Miso-dengaku (Tofu and konnyaku with miso)


You can see some more photos from the same fair here if you are interested.


3 comments:

pinkcocoa said...

hi hi
I had a yomogi mochi the other day ;-) will post up pics soon after

pinkcocoa said...

hi hi
I had a yomogo mochi the other day ;-) will post up pics soon after

obachan said...

OMG, you have yomogi mochi over there? I'm looking forward to seeing your pics!