Thursday, May 19, 2005

Leftovers, Leftovers, Leftovers...

It is something inevitable as far as I’m living all by myself…LEFTOVERS. I still had the edamame (green soybeans), daikon, mentaiko, kinome-miso and Japanese yam left from the virtual kaiseki weekend.


Mentaiko & Cheese Toast

This was something I’ve heard of/read about but never actually tried out until today. I lightly toasted a slice of bread, spread butter & mentaiko-mayonnaise mixture all over and topped it with sliced cheese, and toasted it again until the cheese melt. Mmmm… a bit saltiy, but not too much, and not too fishy, either. I liked it :) Would have been tastier if used a sliced French bread.


I made these bite-size appetizers again (this time I used kinome-miso, too).

With shredded Japanese yam sprinkled with aonori (green laver flakes) and boiled edamame, I had one can of happoshu (low-malt beer).


Other Leftovers ... (except beer)

This was just a warm-up, folks. I'm ready for a big drinking weekend!
LOL

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your leftovers..!!  

Posted by MrsT

Anonymous said...

So do I! 

Posted by pheel

Anonymous said...

OK !!!!! Even your leftovers look great....ha ha
 

Posted by carlyn

Anonymous said...

mmm, that sure looks good.  

Posted by Earl Jenkin™

Anonymous said...

Wow! ALL that from leftovers! I just came across your site and i love it! will be back often! 

Posted by joooone

Anonymous said...

Hi. Thank you for the wonderful pictures and journals....have been checking in on your site for awhile. But jsu need to post a comment when I saw the beer picture with the leftovers... Yummy...Also can I ask if you can let me have the recipe for marmalade? THANKS! 

Posted by yun

Anonymous said...

i just love the toast!!!! and the edamame beans!!!! i always eat the beans when i go sushi joints 

Posted by pJ

Anonymous said...

What appetizing looking left-overs! When I have left overs, they look exactly like left-overs...or garbage >_<. Yours look wonderful and sounds so delicious.  

Posted by Tea

Anonymous said...

Hi Obachan,

No left over beer? Hmmmmm. Sounds fishy to me. =) 

Posted by Reid

Anonymous said...

MrsT --- Not bad, isn’t it?

Pheel --- So did I :)

carlyn --- Thank you.

Earl Jenkin --- Welcome and thanks!

Joooone --- Thanks for visiting! Please keep coming back :D

yun --- Hi. Thank you for dropping by and leaving a nice comment! Reg. the marmalade recipe, I’ll email you sometime soon.

pJ --- Aren’t they good? I can just keep eating them.

Tea --- Well, the leftover ingredients did look like garbage this time.

Reid --- Ha ha ha. BTW, I recently drink happoshu only ‘cuz it’s cheaper than beer. ;) 

Posted by obachan