Monday, July 04, 2005

Garden Report -July 2005

My herbs are definitely doing much better this year!

Rosemary

I was so happy when I found these little white flowers. Aren’t they lovely?


Dill

Last year I planted dill too late, and it was almost dead already in late July (before blooming) because of the heat. This year, see how my dill plants bloomed! Looks like I can expect to get some dill seeds. It would be nice to use them for making pickles, maybe? :)


Sweet Marjoram? and Parsley


Rhubarb and Lemongrass

I'm also very happy with the way these herbs are now. I guess the fertilizer worked for the rhubarb. Thanks for your advice, MrsT :D
The way this lemongrass grew was really amazing. It was like this in May and stayed that way until very recently. Seems like it really loved the rain we had for the past 4 or 5 days.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

obachan;
Your plants are looking great. I'm surprised with the heat, they haven't all gone for the season!! We are starting to get really hot weather in CT> and the herbs are showing it.
My mint is taking over the garden....Basil looks a bit tired and the chives are starting to fall....ha ha.
But, the flowers are looking the best... 

Posted by carlyn

Anonymous said...

Looking great. My lemongrass is also going crazy this year. 

Posted by Jonny

Anonymous said...

> carlyn --- I'm so impressed with my mint, too... It is right in front of the outside unit of the air conditioner on the balcony -- the worst place to be in summer, you know --- but it's just doing fine. Amazing.

> Jonny --- I bet you are making lots of Asian dishes with the lemongrass this summer :) 

Posted by obachan

Anonymous said...

Yer most welcome.. Obachan..! i'll tell my FIL.. he would be thrilled..!  

Posted by MrsT

Anonymous said...

MrsT,
Thanks :) 

Posted by obachan