Monday, October 03, 2005

Yogurt Jelly - Minty Minty -


Yogurt jelly with mint-liqueur flavored layer on top

Just wanted to post something refreshing to look at, because it was so humid all day today. Yogurt jelly with mint-liqueur flavored layer on top. What do you think? I used this yogurt jelly recipe (in Japanese) for the yogurt jelly (without the fruit cocktail), and the blue-green colored layer was my improvisation.

As usual, I tried hard to make the green color in the photo look closer to what I saw with my eyes, but without much success. I finally gave up, and instead, tried intensifying the effect of the backlight to make the photos look somewhat interesting. It was not quite successful, either, but I guess this is the best I can do.


The plastic cups are from the office where I work at in the daytime. In other words, I washed and saved those cups after we ate store-bought coffee jelly there, and brought them home for future use ;P

The taste of the jelly? Not too good and not too bad. The minty top layer did add a refreshing taste to this dessert, but I’m rather reluctant to call it my favorite.

9 comments:

Acrix said...

The second photo looks refreshing and soothing at the same time. Do u use konyaku jelly powder or normal jelly powder?

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure about the taste, but it looks so cool and refreshing! Not at all like some mint flavoured things that you just want to throw out cos they're a REALLY bad and unnatural shade of green.

Obachan, could you summarize the recipe here? I read mandarin, so I can pick up some words like water, milk and sugar from the recipe, but I can't read the instructions, and I'd love to try the recipe out!

Anonymous said...

Looks so pretty.. Obachan..! like a votive.. ;)

obachan said...

Acrix
Thanks. I used normal jelly powder. They say konyaku jelly is good for diet, but I don’t remember seeing konyaku jelly powder sold at stores around here…

Jme
Actually the green color you see in these photos is a little different from the real color of the jelly. About the recipe…I’ll see what I can do, so please wait.

Big Bok
A votive? Wow..never thought about that : )

Fish Fish said...

Obachan, I love the 2nd pic too. Very nice. Very soft. The greenish blue was great colour. ^_^

obachan said...

Hi fish fish,
Oh, thanks. I’m happy to hear that you like the 2nd photo, too. It took some time to blur the background the way I wanted.

obachan said...

I made three of them, but I thought having all of them in the photo was a bit too much.

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know that you can translate the recipe into English using Google. Just select "Language Tools" then enter the web address under "translate a web page"and select "Japanese to English BETA".
BTW, the recipe looks delicious!

obachan said...

Hi anonymous commenter,
Thanks for your information. I tell you what. When you feel down and nothing can cheer you up, try translating a web page using one of those online translation websites. Maybe it's different depending on the language, but it's absolutely hilarious when the translation is betw. English and Japanese! :D