Friday, March 31, 2006

Sweet Seasons/March 2006 - Cherry Blossom -



I know. I’ve been lazy about posting. There’s another post that is still in progress. And I almost forgot about this monthly project. But see? At least I took this photo. ;P

This is a type of rice cake called habutae mochi, and the petals represent, of course, cherry blossom.



I’ll write more about habutae mochi sometime soon. Sorry, I’m going to be extremely busy this week…
For now, please enjoy this photo!


Categories:

9 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Very beautiful and soooo delicate!...

Anonymous said...

Bon courage, don't over work yourself, leave some for us....

Gustad said...

the petal looks like its almost floating

fiordizucca said...

i love cherry blossoms !
lucky you ! (*_^)

Deetsa said...

I just recently tried some mochi for the first time. Little pink and white ones. They were OH so yummy.
The picture is so pretty. I just want to reach out, grab it and stuff it in my mouth. Mmmmmm...

FooDcrazEE said...

care to send some over for us to enjoy?

purplecupcake said...

wonderful photos obachan. don't stress over the little stuff. have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Obachan, I hope you're getting used to working in the new restaurant. I knew you're interested in kaiseki and hopefully you can enjoy more than before. Look forward to hearing about it :)

The habutae mochi is just beautiful!

obachan said...

Hi rosa, helen, gustad, fiordizucca, nerissa, foodcrazee, purplecupcake and keiko,

Thanks for your comments. I really wish I could send you this habutae mochi. It’s sooooooo good. Soft and silky. Mmmmm….
I guess this wagashi represents cherry blossom petals on "tsukubai."