Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Instant Chrysanthemum Drink


Instant Chrysanthemum Drink

OsloFoodie’s
recent post about wild rosehips and chrysanthemum tea reminded me that my friend gave me some instant chrysanthemum tea a few years ago. It was a souvenir from China, and I thought there might be a few packages left somewhere in the kitchen. I was right. I found 4 individual packages left in the cupboard.

cute package


Actually I’m not sure if I can call this “tea,” because each package contains crystal sugar with other ingredients. Besides, there’s no Chinese character “茶” written on anywhere on the package. Maybe it’s more like instant hot drink rather than “tea?”

Ingredients

Anyway, guessing from some Chinese characters I can understand on the package, this seems to contain healthy things like hawthorn, wolfberry and lotus seeds(??) in addition to dried chrysanthemum, but I’m not sure. Can someone help me with Chinese? What are the ingredients?

I truly loved its soothing fragrance and mild sweetness.


Looks like I stored the 4 packages in a can when those were the only ones left, and completely forgot about it. Now I don’t think they’re good any more, but I opened one and made the drink just to show you how it looks like.

I wonder if this instant drink is popular in other Asian countries. Is it?




1 comments:

obachan said...

Yes, it was really good. I miss it.