Monday, March 21, 2005

Stir-fried Bean Sprouts


Stir-fried Bean Sprouts

This is my favorite dish that I often make before my pay day. In Japan, bean sprouts are SO cheap. Of course, that is not the only reason that I love this stir-fry dish. I just love the crunchiness of the bean sprouts.

For dessert, I had a blueberry muffin that a friend of mine gave me yesterday. The blueberries in the muffin tasted so good.

I wonder when I would be able to bake blueberry muffins with the blueberries from my balcony garden... Maybe this summer? Oh I can hardly wait!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey.. Obachan,
I love stir fry bean sprouts too.. but yours looks so crunchy.. while mine always looks so soggy.. :(
And blueberry muffins i like.. alot..!! 

Posted by MrsT

Anonymous said...

Hey MrsT,
Sometimes my stir-fried bean sprouts turn out soggy, too. This must have been my lucky day ;) 

Posted by obachan

Anonymous said...

Hehe!! i feel better already.. but you must be being modest..?? no..?? 

Posted by MrsT

Anonymous said...

hi, can u share ur recipe for this dish for me, just a brief one will do.. thks
 

Posted by Lynette

Anonymous said...

obasan;
The bean sprouts look so good. Is that pork stir fried with it? carrots, peppers? Shoyu?
Looks soooo good.... 

Posted by carlyn

Anonymous said...

> Lynette --- Recipe? Ahhhhh… I can’t tell how much bean sprouts I used… Anyway, OK, I used 1 bag of bean sprouts, a little carrot, 1 green pepper, and some thinly sliced pork. Just chopped them up, stir-fried over high heat with a little salad oil, added salt, white pepper, sake and soy sauce. The tip is, according to some Japanese websites, pouring soy sauce over the pan rather than over the vegs. That way the soy sauce is heated instantly and smells better, they say. Did this help? Sorry this is the best I can.

> carlyn --- Yep. You guessed right!  

Posted by obachan

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.