Sunday, May 15, 2005

Tome-Wan (Rice, Miso Soup and Pickles)



止め椀 Tome-Wan (Rice, miso soup and pickles)

"Tome" means "to stop," so when the rice and miso soup are served, it means that's the end of the kaiseki main course and only dessert is left to come.

- 十穀米ごはん Rice with 10 kinds of grains
No, I didn’t buy 10 different kinds of grains just for this…I happened to have some packages of “10-grain mix” that you just need to throw in when cooking white rice with an electric rice cooker. Instant stuff again ;P

- みそ汁と香の物 Miso Soup and pickles
If you take a close look at the miso soup photo, you can tell where the ingredients came from…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey..Obachan,
My one absolute favourites are miso soup and pickles.. :)
 

Posted by MrsT

Anonymous said...

obachan;
I love miso soup and rice. it's enough for me to eat just that for dinner....I require nothing more to make it a perfect meal. Yours looks great. 

Posted by carlyn

Anonymous said...

MrsT --- Yep, miso soup is always so comforting, isn't it?

carlyn --- I agree. Good miso soup and rice is the ultimate combination, I think. 

Posted by obachan