Sunday, May 15, 2005

Sunomono (Vinegared Dish)

酢の物Sunomono (Vinegared Dish)

- ウドとワカメの酢の物 Udo and Seaweed with vinegar dressing
Shredded udo needs to be placed in water for a while to remove the bitter taste. I used a little bit of yomogi leaf and konatsu rind to garnish. This tiny bowl caught my eyes at the 100-yen shop the other day and I couldn’t resist the temptation. Cute, isn’t it?

Sunomono dish is served before rice in order to refresh your tounge and make you ready for rice and miso soup.


Anonymous said...

Yes.. very cute bowl.. and for only 100yen.. can't beat that.. for sure.. ;) 

Posted by MrsT

Anonymous said...

What is Udo? a root vegetable? Like gobo? I don't think I know of this vegetable. Looks good, though.
The bowl is so cute. Can't go wrong for 100 yen!!!!! 

Posted by carlyn

Anonymous said...

MrsT --- I almost worship 100-yen shop these days.

carlyn --- OK. Udo looks like this  and we eat its shoots, young stems and roots.


Posted by obachan