Saturday, August 27, 2005

Peach & Cottage Cheese Salad


Peach & Cottage Cheese Salad

When I posted about my ruby red grapefruit & cottage cheese salad, carlyn gave me an idea, in her comment, of making the same kind of salad with peach. So I tried it out for my brunch this morning.

I think the lemon juice really played an important role in this otherwise just-sweet dressing. The overall sweetness with the soft texture of ripe peach gently woke up my sleepy stomach and it was a nice way to start the day. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

obachan;
....so glad you enjoyed.... 

Posted by carlyn

Anonymous said...

This brought back lots of food memories with cottage cheese. One of my favorites is cottage cheese with a spoonful of applesauce - surprisingly good. My mother often served it on shredded lettuce with a bit of mayonnaise or in a lime jello mold. Another favorite of mine is with diced avacado and mayonnaise. This is such a nice blog. I enjoy your food stories very much. 

Posted by lucy

Anonymous said...

carlyn 
Yep, I did. Thanks a lot! :D

lucy
Oh applesauce! I never thought about it but it sounds good. Avocado + cottage cheese combination is my favorite, too. Thanks for the ideas.
See, this is what I really like about blogging. I can get so many good ideas from all over the world! :D 

Posted by obachan

Anonymous said...

Very interesting.. Obachan.. :)  

Posted by Big BoK

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Big Bok. :) 

Posted by obachan