Monday, October 24, 2005

The 23rd Post Meme

OK, fish fish tagged me for the 23rd post meme. I’m not quite sure who started this one, but anyway this seems to be how it goes:

- Look back at your archives
- Find the 23rd post (or closest to)
- Find the 5th sentence (or closest to)
- Post it in an entry and reminisce about it's meaning or any insight you now have about it
- Tag five more people to do the same.

My 23rd post was “Carrot custard pie,” and the 5th sentence was:

What’s your first choice when you have a lot of carrots left?

At that time, my blog didn’t have many visitors. I guess I didn’t even have a site meter on my site then, IIRC. I still remember how anxiously I waited for a comment and how thrilled I was when I got one. Now I have so many frequent visitors and I really appreciate that. Thank you, dear readers.

It has been about a year since I posted that entry. If I asked myself the above question now, my answer would be either of carrot custard pie, carrot jam or carrot halwa, and my decision would depend on which I feel like making the most and how much time I have. Does this mean that my culinary horizon has been broadened a bit?

Carrot custard pie is definitely one of my favorite desserts. It’s a shame that I haven’t made this for a long time. Since carrots are available throughout the year and their price doesn’t change much, I tend to put priority on using other fruits in season for desserts and end up neglecting carrots. Sorry, carrots.

Well I think this meme has been around quite a while and almost all of my blog friends have been already tagged by someone. So I want to finish this here. Please forgive me for not following the rules. If any of the readers feel like trying this meme and want to be tagged by me, please let me know. :)

6 comments:

Fish Fish said...

Heee... thanks. Well, time to let the meme end. ^_^

Anonymous said...

Oh, imagine you worrying about getting a response to your blog ... yours is the first blog I read, each day - always something good to read, something good to look at (lovely photos), and ideas for those of us who cook.
Here's to many more entries.
God bless, Christine in Los Angeles

Anonymous said...

I love your site and I keep coming back for more. I can't imagine you waiting for comments since everytime I read your site, it always makes me want more. ^_^

obachan said...

fish fish
Thanks for tagging me. It was kinda nice to remember how I was feeling a year back.

Christine in LA
Oh, thank you so much, Christine. Receiving comments to my blog from many readers is like a special gift that I never dreamed of having 10 years ago. I just write down whatever I like and present things the way I want, and get responses from all over the world. What a privilege! Well, sometimes, like the post about netcasting in my another blog, I do some research and post entries not only for my personal fun but also for the people who have done a lot to me and are very important to me wanting to reach out for the world, and still can’t get much response. That is disappointing. But I do love blogging and I’ll keep doing it. ;)

milgwimper
Yeah, isn’t it often difficult to get five people?

Melissa
Thanks. Hugs from Japan. ;)

Tea
Thanks for such a nice comment. There’ll be more and more to come, for sure. Hope you keep coming back :)

Rei said...

Your carrot custard pie looks so good. What an unusual pie. Did you use Japanese "red" carrots? The color is so vivid.
I'll keep looking for the recipe.
But, I doubt I'll find red carrots even at Uwajimaya in Seattle, WA.

Rei said...

No red carrots at Uwajimaya. I hear the red carrots cook up nice and sweet.