Saturday, February 25, 2006

焼き物 Yakimono (Broiled Fish)

Grilled Salmon Marinated in Yuzu -flavored Sauce

This salmon was marinated for about an hour in soy sauce and mirin based sauce with 3 to 4 yuzu slices.

Oh, I really wanted you to smell this! While this was in the fridge, the aroma of yuzu filled there. And when this was being grilled… Hmmmm….!!
Delightful dish.


Anonymous said...

mmm..fresh salmon...beautifully grilled.. :)


obachan said...

Oh, I wish you could have come here to experience this wonderful yuzu fragrance.

Bruce Anderson said...

It's beautiful. I could marinate some salmon in ajipon but I don't think it would be the same. :(

obachan said...

Hi bruce,
I've never tried marinating fish in ajipon, but it sounds like a good idea... unless you marinate it too long.

This marinate sauce was a lot milder than ajipon, and the aroma was definitely different.