Thursday, March 09, 2006

Lime Bar??


Lime Bar?? My second attempt

I don’t know if this can be called a “bar” when baked and cut into this kind of shape, but the recipe is for “creamy key lime bars” Yes! I tried out the recipe I found on Joe’s site again, and look how I did this time!!

Well, to be perfectly honest, this was still just a bit overbaked, because the middle didn’t have any jiggle to it when I shook the pan after taking it out of the oven. So this isn't as creamy as I expected. But I love this taste so much. I mixed in some whole wheat flour into the regular flour for the crust, and I think it didn’t do any harm.



The lime I used was a regular lime, not key lime, so the slice on top looks so big on this small piece, doesn't it? ;P

Thanks Joe for sharing this recipe! And I also thank all of you who helped me with the amount of sweetened condensed milk. :D


Categories:

6 comments:

Anne said...

This looks so delicious! Congratulations, and please keep posting your wonderful photos.

FooDcrazEE said...

its sure looks good Obachan...better than the previous time. COnrats on that.

obachan said...

tokyoastrogirl
Thanks. :D

foodcrazee
I made a progress, didn't I? ;)

Anonymous said...

I love the taste of lime. and these look delicious. I've made the same kind of bars, with lemon, but never with lime. I think I'll try them.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those look so good.

obachan said...

lindy
This tasted very good. Try, try, try! :D

ghanima
They tasted good, too :)