Saturday, May 13, 2006

Strawberry Mousse


Strawberry Mousse

Did I mention about “a layer of white wine jelly over strawberry mousse” in my previous post? OK. Here it is. I gave it a try this afternoon.



Yep. I’m the stupid one who forgot about the fact that strawberry mousse does not turn out really red. With a layer of white wine jelly, the dessert would have turned out pretty colorless. So I had to change my mind about the top layer.


How about a little Japanese touch...

So, to make the top layer, I added some strawberry puree to the white-wine & gelatin mixture to give it a reddish color. It was definitely a better idea than a plain white-wine jelly layer, I think.

BTW, I’m a little sick of this same old “strawberry slices and mint leaves” combination. Maybe you are, too? Unfortunately the chervil in my balcony garden is just sprouting now and not ready to be on this lovely dessert today. I could have done something with whipped cream, but I was a little too tired to be creative after getting a haircut this afternoon...

I still have a lot left in my fridge. Wanna come over and try some? ;)


Categories:

14 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

That looks vera fresh and appetizing! Yes, wait for me...

Cuisine Paradise said...

It's a very sweet and lovely dessert... i love the colour......

Farmgirl Susan said...

Beautiful! Love the pink layer. It's perfect. : )

obachan said...

nnskage
Thank you. けっこうおいしかったです。:)

rosa
Come anytime! ;)

jonny
Wow, sounds good. Yeah, it would be a nice contrast… Thanks!

milgwimper
OK. I’ll save one for you, but you have to hurry!

lena mummy
Thanks. I’m happy about the way the color turned out.

farmgirl
Thank you. I love this pink, too.

CG
You’re coming to Takamatsu?! Ahhhhh… too bad that we can’t meet up. Anyway, enjoy lots of sanuki udon there for me. :D

Cuisine Paradise said...

Hi Obachan,

The link to the wine jelly is in japanese....which i don't know how to read it.. is it possible for you to translate it in english for us... THANK...

K and S said...

these look great!

obachan said...

lena mummy
Hi. I emailed you the recipe today. Hope you like it. :)

K&S
Thank you. The pink looks really pretty after brown buta no kakuni, right?

hinata said...

It looks great, perfect springtime pink! And the glasses in your last picture (with the french) are adorable!

Anonymous said...

Obachan, could you please send me the recipe in English please? Thanks alot.
Email: caterinahui@gmail.com
Mamacat

obachan said...

hinata
Oh, you like this plastic cup? Isn't it cute? I bought a coffee jelly in this container, and since it looked so cute, washed and saved it. BTW, the plastic cup in the second photo from the top used to have vinegared mozuku (seaweed) in it. ;P

Mamacat
I emailed the recipe today. Hope you like it.

Anonymous said...

Obachan, I love the pale pink colour, it looks so pretty. Love your styling also, it's got a Japanese summer touch to it, beautiful!

obachan said...

keiko
Yeah, doesn't the first photo remind us of somen noodles?? I mean, the glass bowl and the mat... ;)

Anonymous said...

Obachan, this strawberry mousse looks flawless! I love the detail of the mint leaves. Looks delicious indeed! :D

obachan said...

Thank you, Miguel. :)