Thursday, July 26, 2007

Goodies from Hawaii!!

No, this is not a dream... These are really in my apartment now!

How many times have I mentioned that blogging has made my life richer? Well, I don’t mind. I will repeat it as many times as necessary. Look! This time blogging brought all these goodies from Hawaii, and that really brightened up my bland summer days!

What did I do to deserve this? Nothing really. Just emailed a recipe to someone who visited my humble foodblog. Then she kindly asked me if I wanted anything from the USA (Hawaii), and (oh I was such an evil-hearted creature!) I told her that I had been looking for a way to get an American measuring cup. Then she sent me one -- with all these goodies packed in the same package!

I went “OMG! OMG!” the whole time while opening the package. The measuring cup and a beautiful card... and these cute little jars of jam/jelly/curd, passion fruit butter spread, honey, natural cane sugar, chocolates, tea, macadamia nuts, fudges and... and... GRITS! yay!
Thank you, Winnie. This sure is a highlight of this summer.

Now I guess many of you readers know what’s coming next… Yeah, you’re right. Stay tuned for Obachan’s breakfast post tomorrow (or the day after).
;)


Categories:

8 comments:

Cheesywee said...

ahhh!!!!
the passion fruit butter spread!!
mmm!! spread that on some thick white toast .. must be heaven! cant wait until you post something about the butters!

K and S said...

yummy goodies! passion fruit butter spread is awesome! ooh, and that chocolate sauces, great on ice cream, just zap it a few seconds in the microwave and pour onto your ice cream! enjoy!

cookiecrumb said...

Such very nice gifts.
I think the measuring cup is my favorite. Because I'm a practical fool.
:D

obachan said...

cheesywee
Hey I tried the spread on a piece of toast this morning. It’s truly AWESOME!!! :D
Gosh, I want to move to Hawaii so badly…

K& S
I really really love the spread. Gee, people in Hawaii are so lucky that they can buy this thing anytime they want. And I’m so lucky that I had this chance to taste it in Kochi, Japan. ;)

cookiecrumb
Well, this has become my favorite, too. :D
You know, I could have survived with my 200 mL Japanese measuring cup, if conversion was the only problem. When I use American recipes, as far as I know that American 1 C is 240 mL, I can figure out that 1/2 C is 120 mL and 1/3 C is 80 mL. No big deal. But the bummer was measuring 120 mL or 80 mL with my cup marked every 50 mL. Now things are so much easier for me, thanks to this cup.

Deetsa said...

Lucky girl! I would have been saying OMG all the time too if I got such a beautiful bounty.

Anonymous said...

Awww, such a sweet gesture. <3 <3 <3

Anonymous said...

Lucky! Hehe, she should have sent you spam to make spam musubis with. I know you can get spam in Japan, but spam from Hawaii would be so much more authentic :D

obachan said...

Nerissa
Yeah, really. :)

Kaoko
Yes, so sweet.

Erin
Oh, I've heard of SPAM musubi. That's something I ought to try someday.