Saturday, October 02, 2004

Breakfast in the Sunshine



I started another part-time job last Tuesday. As always, the first week at a new job was very stressful for me, not knowing what to do and how to do things right, worrying a lot and getting confused a lot..... I was so happily relieved Friday night that the first hectic week was finally over. This morning I woke up and decided to give myself a reward for surviving the rough week. Yes, I deserve a breakfast with blueberry pancakes.

When I have time, I make buttermilk pancake mix following the recipe in
Recipe Source and store in a large jar (from the famous 100-yen shop again.) This is very convenient. When I wake up with a craving for pancakes, all I have to do is mix some water and vegetable oil (I often omit the egg). If I want something different, I can just throw in some leftover bananas or apples, raisins, yogurt, etc….

This morning I used my favorite kind of canned blueberries for the pancakes. This makes the pancakes rather dark (or sometimes very dark), but these small blueberries in not-too-sweet syrup are very good in pancakes and muffins, so I love to use them.


My favorite blueberry pancakes

The pancakes actually looked better than this photo. Honestly. I mean it. And the taste was Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm……….. soooooo good!!
When things get a bit tough, nice breakfast in the sunshine does relieve my anguish. I’m glad that I chose to live in this apartment where I can enjoy the sunshine (and also enjoy watching my herbs enjoying the sunshine). It sure helps.

----------
BTW, if you are an American Major League Baseball fan and happened to be an Ichiro fan, why don't you join me for this?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Obachan,
Gosh, I just love keep coming back to ur website!
Anyway, hm...have u ever considered using blueberry jam for ur pancake? I nver tried it, but I just wonder how it would turn out since Smuckers has this double fruits blueberry jam that has less pectin and sugar, but more blueberries, hehehehe. Hm...this post of yours made me want to eat pancake...

K-Nina