Monday, October 11, 2004

Manuka Honey


Manuka Honey

My new friend gave me a very nice present yesterday. It was a jar of Manuka Honey, famous honey from New Zealand. Actually, I found out it was famous when I went through some websites after I got home. What a perfect present for a person who eats a slice of toast every morning with sesame paste and honey on, and who’s been suffering from canker sore for the past couple of days!! I gave her a BIG hug, only in my mind, of course.

I tried the honey in hot tea right away, and liked it so much. But I felt a bigger urge to use this for some kind of sweets. For me, the combination of ginger, lemon and honey is always very attractive, so I rushed to the Sunday Market to buy some fresh ginger roots and a lemon from a local farmer. I didn’t know what I was going to make yet, but just wanted to have fresh ingredients (not supermarket stuff!) ready at home.

This morning I woke up with another idea. I eat yogurt every morning, so how about “Bulgarian yogurt with Manuka Honey?” Doesn’t it sound awfully healthy? Then looking at the bright sunshine, I decided what kind of photo I want to take this morning.


Hmmmmm....!!!

The combination of the yogurt and honey is just lovely. This way, I can enjoy the thickness of the honey much better than putting it in tea or using it for baking. That doesn’t affect my urge to use this honey in cooking/baking, though. Gosh, there are so many explorations to do. Would I ever have a boring day?

One confession to make: My eyes and shoulders got so tired from taking photos this morning.

1 comments:

obachan said...

Hi maia,

Thanks! I feel rewarded. I've got lots of things to post about, so come visit often! :D