Monday, August 08, 2005

My First BBQ This Summer

Last night I was invited to a wonderful BBQ party at my friend’s friend’s house. It was my very first BBQ this year and I’m so glad that I did have BBQ at least once this summer.

At my friend’s friend's house, they had a nice small BBQ grill and a few small-size picnic tables in the backyard. Though it took a while to light charcoals, we enjoyed all the food and a nice chat, which was just exactly what I needed. For the record, we barbecued sliced beef, pork, eggplants, asparagus, green peppers and kabocha pumpkins, and we ate them with three kinds of yakiniku dipping sauce. We also had nigirizushi, fresh tomatoes, grapes, iced woo long tea and iced coffee. The dessert was cream puffs filled with ice cream. Very Japanese-style BBQ, isn’t it? (Sorry, no pics. I didn’t bring my digital camera.)

------
Well, dear readers, from today till this coming Saturday, I’ll be busy with the festival and will not have time to post anything. So, please keep your fingers crossed for my survival and come back this weekend to see if I’m still alive or not ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

all my ten fingers are crossed.
Obachan, send some pictures of this momentous feat. 

Posted by joanna

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Thanks joanna! I survived! Sorry I can't send you pictures, but I'll include in my posts some links to the photo sites that have loads of pictures from this festival.  

Posted by obachan

Anonymous said...

I know i had written a comment about this a long time ago.
Oh well.. just wanted to let you know how much i love BBQ myself.  

Posted by Big BoK

Anonymous said...

I can see how much you love BBQ. Hope you experience it a lot this summer : ) 

Posted by obachan