Monday, December 05, 2005

Mukago Takikomi Gohan


Mukago Takikomi Gohan (Pilaf-like rice cooked with air potatoes)

Mukago are small bulbs on wild yam vines, which I have tasted only once before. They do taste like potatoes with a slightest hint of bitterness. I used briefly blanched mukago, ginkgo nuts and shimeji mushrooms for my takikomi gohan.

I used this recipe (downsized to half, omitted salmon) and cooked the rice the same way as I cook chicken takikomi gohan, but maybe I should have cooked it shorter this time. The bottom was burned a little. But the taste was soooooooooooooo good! :)

4 comments:

obachan said...

Thanks, Melissa. :)

Anonymous said...

May I feature this post at Ginkgo Dreams?

obachan said...

Hi Kelly,
Your Ginkgo Dreams site is so beautiful and informative! Yes, yes, please feature this post. I feel flattered. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Expect to see it up on July 3.