Friday, June 09, 2006

Colorless, but NOT Tasteless!


Konatsu sorbet

I made this sorbet from dad’s konatsu oranges a few days ago. Too bad it looks so very colorless in these photos … The color of konatsu juice is light yellow, so there was nothing I could do about it. (Of course I didn't want food coloring.)


Because it is colorless, this konatsu sorbet may not look tasty, but actually it IS very flavorful. I think I added just right amount of sugar to the konatsu orange juice this time. The sorbet turned out not too sweet, not too sour… just perfect for me, and it tastes so refreshing after a spicy or greasy meal.


Categories:

6 comments:

JMom said...

I actually love the soft color of your sorbet. Wish I could get a taste of konatsu oranges. You have really piqued my curiosity about this variety.

BTW, the Mochico box that I used for my rice cake is 16 oz. I think it may be abour 3 cups. I used the whole box.

Anne said...

It looks very refreshing. I've never heard of that type of orange before. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...I love orange sorbets. The fewer additives the better, too. I wish you could share, Obachan!

obachan said...

jmom
I wish I could send you one of my dad’s konatsu via email.
Oh, and thank you so much for the mochiko information. It’ll be my another project for next week or the week after. I’ll let you know the result after I gave it a try :)

tokyoastrogirl
Unfortunately konatsu oranges are not very popular even in Japan. But who knows what may happen in the future? Someday you might find them in a nearby supermarket over there.

ghanima
Sure, come a little closer to the screen… ;)

Anonymous said...

Obachan, you're so lucky to have that beautiful, super fresh konatsu - the summer has finally arrived here and I need this gorgeous sorbet right now!

obachan said...

Hi keiko,
Is it already hot over there? Hope you are enjoying the summer...Must be much better than our rainy season.