Sunday, February 11, 2007

Cranberry Nut Bread

Cranberry Nut Bread

Well, dear readers,
I have a confession to make.
I no longer work for the kaiseki place. Actually that kaiseki place does not exist any more; they seem to have closed at the end of January. Why do I say they “seem to have closed?” Because I quit that place in the first week of January. And I already knew that they were going to close pretty soon.
So there will be no more "kaiseki chronicles" here unless I start working at another kaiseki place. Sorry.



Anyway, today I tried out this cranberry nut bread recipe and it was OK. I know. I should have used more cranberries. Look at the photo on the recipe site. Look how berry-full the bread is! Mine is a lot more orangey. ;)


Maybe I should name this
"Orange bread with cranberry and nuts"



Categories:

8 comments:

Chubbypanda said...

Oh no! How very sad. =(

cookiecrumb said...

Obachan, I think your life story is worth a movie.
Anybody got an in with Scorcese?

obachan said...

chubbypanda
Well, to be perfectly honest, we (part time staff) were happy about the closure. The place will re-open soon as a different restaurant, and the majority of the staff will probably stay, so it’s not totally sad. Maybe it’s a positive change.

cookiecrumb
Wow! Great!
And thanks for picking Scorcese, not Tarantino.
No, I don't hate Tarantino. But it's just that my life story is not kill-bill style. ;)

ghanima said...

Life does bring its changes, obachan. It sounded to me like leaving the kaiseki was overdue for you -- you were starting to sound pretty unhappy about the situation there and I'm glad you found it within yourself to move on.

Your bread looks delicious. Personally, I don't like having berries studded all throughout my baking concoctions, so this seems right up my alley.

My local grocery store used to offer cranberry-orange mini scones, but I'd bet your bread tastes a thousand times better!

shigatsuhana said...

Agreed, I think the bread with few cranberries is best. It is such a strong flavour that it would be too dominant and not bring the other flavours through. It looks delicious!

obachan said...

ghanima
Was I sounding unhappy in my "kaiseki chronicles?" Haha...
Things got pretty ugly after October and I didn’t feel like writing kaiseki chronicles any more.
Yeah, just like you said, it’s time to move on… :)

shigatsuhana
Thanks. This time the orange flavor was dominant, but it was not bad after all.

Pinkity said...

Obachan... Happy Valentine's Day and the bread looks oishii~! Plus, your photography skills are looking really good nowadays!

obachan said...

Oh, how nice of you to say that. Thank you and Happy Valentine's Day!