Monday, February 26, 2007

"You Are What You Eat" Meme

Well, Rosa of Rosa’s Yummy Yums tagged me for “You Are What You Eat” Meme. Gee, this meme must have been around for quite a while. I think I saw this meme on someone's site last year, or even the year before...??
Anyway, ok, here are my answers to the 10 food-related questions. They would probably show the hidden part of obachan's personality? Naw... there's nothing surprising, I guess.

1) If you were stuck on an island and could only eat one cuisine (e.g., French, Italian, etc.) for the rest of your life, what would it be? Why?
Japanese.
It’s an island, so I assume that I can get plenty of seafood there. Which means I can make sushi. Yeah, how can I live without sushi for the rest of my life??? No way.

2) What is the most unusual food you've eaten?
Fish eyes. Well, more precisely, I ate the gelatin-like stuff around the eyeballs.

3) What is the most unusual food you've eaten and liked?
The gelatin-like stuff around the fish eyes. I liked it.

4) What foods will you avoid eating (either because of a dietary choice or allergies or just plain don't like)?
Insects and worms. Now, I might eat them if I were convinced that they would actually taste good. But right now, I can’t picture myself eating them.

5) Do you cook (and by that, I mean prepare a meal that you'd serve to friends)?
No, I wouldn’t want to serve a meal to my friends. That would terminate our friendship. :P

6) If yes, what is your favorite dish to prepare to impress someone?
N/A

7) When you go to a restaurant, what's your ordering strategy/preference?
I tend to order a combo that allows me to try a little amount of many things for a reasonable price.
Oh, BTW, when I eat out with my mom, we often order something different and share it. At a rather formal restaurant, we do that when the waiter/waitress is not around and no one is watching us. :P

8) Have you ever returned a dish or wine to the kitchen at a restaurant? Why?
No, not yet. I have never had a bad experience like a fly in the soup or a hair in fried rice or a cockroach in ramen noodles. Lucky me.

9) How many cookbooks do you own?
Five. Not many, ha?

10) What is one food that you wouldn't want to live without?
Rice. Definitely, rice. I HAVE TO feel the texture of rice on my tongue at least twice or three times a week. (That’s what I found out when I lived in the U.S.)


Categories:

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Obachan! If the food you cook tastes only half as good as it looks in your blog, then I'd be knocking over people to get invited to dinner at your house!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Thanks for doing that meme! It is interesting to discover you through your answers ;-P...

obachan said...

Amanda
Oh, how nice of you to say that. Thanks a mil. :)
Honestly, I have given my friends (Japanese friends) my baked goodies many times, but never cooked meals for them. Some of them have invited me for dinner, and I brought my home-made sweets to thank them. That's how we maintained our friendship. Hahaha...

Rosa
Was there a new discovery? ;)

Lysithea said...

Hi Obachan! I also cannot live without rice! Although udon is my second prefered staple.

Your cooked food looks really nice in your photos! I'm sure they taste wonderful too!

Me, I like to cook for my friends actually.

obachan said...

Lysithea
I'm sure your friends love your cooking. :)