Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Pear Tart


Pear Tart

I realized that a good way to enjoy seasonal fruits is making tarts with them. I also realized that I can freeze tart shell dough and almond cream. (Right?) So that’s what I did today. I made this with canned La France pear (so this is not “seasonal fruit” to be precise), and still some dough and cream are resting in the freezer waiting for the next project.

Candidates for my future tart projects are cherries, figs and peaches. Oh, that reminds me. I’ve got to buy and make either tarts or a cobbler (or both) while nectarines are available. They seem to be available for limited time only here... Usually it's a few weeks in August, but I already saw some on the shelf at a nearby supermarket yesterday.




Categories:

9 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A splendid tart! It looks delicious...

K and S said...

ooh, this looks great!

Patricia Scarpin said...

I think that this tart is absolutely beautiful!
I love pears.

Ian said...

We haven't forgotten you, see you soon :)

Violet said...

That's a beautiful looking tart!

obachan said...

Rosa
Thanks. I love the tart photos on your site. They are so inspiring.

K & S
Thank you. :)

Patricia scarpin
How nice of you to say that. I love American (or European) pears so much, but they are expensive here…

Demon
Oh, hi! Great to hear from you. Yep, I can’t wait to see your costumes at the festival this summer ;) See ya!

Stephen
Thanks. I think I’m getting better … I mean, maybe my photo-taking skill is getting better. :P

Anonymous said...

Obachan,
Thanks for stopping by. Yes, it is tart time isn't it? I love your pear tart. I'm sure that Japanese pears taste much better then the N. American ones. You have excellent photography skills too!

Anonymous said...

wow... looks yummy!

obachan said...

cocogirl
Oh, I love N. American pears! You can never imagine how much I miss them. I wish I could move to a country where American (European?) pears, blueberries, peaches and cherries are not expensive...

Littlepolaris
Thank you :)