Monday, July 23, 2007

Something with a Kick -- Spicy Stir-Fry --


Shrimp and Vegetable Stir-Fry

It was such a humid weekend that my body craved spicy food. Yeah, spicy food WITH ice-cold beer. You know, something with a kick. I thought about making a Mexican dish once, but since I had so much cooked rice left, I went for a spicy stir-fry which goes well with both rice and beer.

Sorry, I can't post a recipe here because I didn't measure anything... as usual. But let me list the seasonings I used. They were: dou ban jiang, soy sauce, sugar, sake, salt, pepper and a little vinegar. Yep, I made it really spicy and garlicky (I wasn't going to see anyone that night, so who cares?) and I loved it so much.


Categories:

7 comments:

Deetsa said...

That looks like something I'd fry up. I know that my fiancé would think it was a picture of my food as it looks so similar to my own stirfries (he doesn't seem to care for them as much as I do LOL)

obachan said...

Hi Nerissa,
So happy to hear that my stir-fry looks as good as yours. I bet your stirfries taste much better than mine, though. :) I tend to fry vegetables too long and they usually turn out a bit too soft rather than crispy.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

I love stir-fries! Yours looks colorful and delicious! Mmmhhh, spicy and garlicky, that's for me...

Anonymous said...

As always making me hungry.... :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Obachan!
SPICY FOOD!
You know Korean LOVES spicy food!!!
I am craving super spicy sea food soup or spicy rice cake stir fry. YUM YUM. Recently i tried dark cholcolate cayenne pepper gelato. sooooo goooood!

Cheesywee said...

ahhhh this looks good, for someone like me who doesnt like shrimp i'd probably try this for sure since I love spicy food :)

obachan said...

Rosa
'Spicy and garlicky' dish is a must-have in summer, isn't it?

Mako
Maybe my posts can be prescribed as an appetite enhancer, haha...
;)

Ireney
I know. I know. I've heard of the spicy rice cake (toppogi? not sure how you spell it) stir fry. It must be good. Dark chocolate and cayenne pepper... gelato?! Mmmm... sounds interesting. I wonder how spicy it is.

Cheesywee
It's funny... I didn't like spicy food at all when I was a child, but now I crave it once in a while, especially in summer.