Sunday, December 16, 2007

Getting Ready - 2 -


See? The baking fairy in me is whipping me to work hard.



I know. I have no creativity. I just stole the decoration ideas from the photos on photostock and allrecipes.

But wait! I do make (crazy?) inventions sometimes. The photo below is amaretto-rum fruitcake I baked yesterday. There was no such recipe on the net, so I picked this recipe and replaced the brandy with rum. I have no idea how it worked... :P At least, the cake smelled heavenly while in the oven and turned out...




... pretty OK, I think?


Now the cake is "aging" in my fridge.

For the Christmas of 2007, I don't think I can prepare a big dinner like I did in previous years. The reason is: No time and no money. I'm going to help dad with picking oranges on the 23rd and 24th, so there is no way I can fix a special meal in my apartment on the Christmas eve or Christmas day.

Instead, my Christmas project this year will consist of a) a homemade(?) Christmas tree decorated with gingerbread people, b) a fruitcake with tons of icing, and c) a tiny homemade wreath. It would be wonderful if these would be accompanied by a bottle of decent sparkling wine and a good-looking candle.
;)

Categories:

4 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Wow, your gingerbread men look gorgeous and ever so pretty! I bet that cake tastes good, yummy!

Cheers,

Rosa

Marga K. Manlapig said...

Those gingerbread men look perfect, Obachan. I hope your cake turns out beautifully, too.

obachan said...

Rosa's yummy yums
Thanks. The cake smells wonderful every time I open the wrap to brush it with rum. Oh I can hardly wait to eat it!!

Midge
Thank you. I'm going to put icing on it on the 25th. Wish me luck. :)

K and S said...

everything looks really nice!