Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Buttermilk Pancakes


Buttermilk (Substitute) Pancakes

Actually what was used for these pancakes was buttermilk substitute which I made by mixing milk and vinegar, because I can't buy real buttermilk around here. But maybe these are closer to real "buttermilk pancakes" than the ones I usually make with powdered skim milk.

Today I don't have to work in the morning, and I wanted to enjoy a lazy morning with a good breakfast. Yesterday and the day before, I had to start working at 6 am. On such busy mornings, I never skip breakfast but I never "enjoy" it, either-- All I do is just stuffing up my stomach so that I don't run out of energy in the middle of the work. So, at least once or hopefully twice a week, I really need to "enjoy" breakfast, actually tasting the food and smelling the aroma of hot coffee! Otherwise I cannot "stay myself." You know what I mean.

This morning, while I was still in bed, I thought about the sinful combination of fluffy pancakes, melting butter and generous amount of syrup, and decided to go for it. That's the kind of breakfast I deserve after the two days in hell. And I wanted to show in my photo how beautiful the golden syrup looks in the morning sunshine, but I had to give it up... I couldn't wait until I get the desired morning sunshine, and the syrup was quickly absorbed by the pancakes. :(

Anyway, I'm feeling wonderfully lazy right now and wanted to share it with the whole world. Mmmmmm... maybe I should go for another cup of coffee.

Oh, I used this recipe, if you're wondering. (I added a pinch of salt, though.)


Categories:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love pancackes!! But I always eat too many, and then my stomach hurts afterwards....but its worth it! :D Another guilty breakfast pleasure I love is fresh baked buttermilk biscuits with butter and honey!

Serendipity 2017 said...

This isn't my 1st time to visit your blog but I really love your entries. Just reading your blog relaxes me and gives me that good feeling about life.
I'll try your buttermilk recipe one day. My son and hubby love pancakes a lot!

I hope you don't mind but I added you to my bloglist.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...nothing like a lazy breakfast. After a nice long breakfast, the rest of the day seems so nice, don't you think? I only get one or two of those each month, but I've never made pancakes! I should try next time.

obachan said...

Gabriel
Oh, don't tempt me... I'm drooling on the keyboard... Hahaha

Megumi
Thanks for coming by. Of course I don't mind my blog being on your bloglist. I feel flattered.

Christine
Yep! Good breakfast really brightens up the whole day, I think. ;)