Saturday, December 04, 2004

Weekend Brunch - Potato Pancakes -



My favorite brunch for weekend. So easy to make if used instant mashed potatoes. I could have these pancakes for breakfast on weekdays, too, but I love them rather garlicky so it’s better be weekend morning ;)


I had potato pancakes for the first time when I was invited to my friend’s house in Miss. for some kind of family gathering (not Thanksgiving.) They piled up potato pancakes on a big plate, and I fell in love with them the moment I took a bite.



Yummmmmmmmmmy :D

-----------
It rained all day today so I didn’t get out of house at all. All I did today was blogging (worked on the template of my another blog) and eating. This was my supper, gyoza nabe.

Nabe (Japanese hot pot dish )

Yeah, those are the gyoza that I didn't use when experimented on the hanetsuki-gyoza the other day.

Eating gyoza nabe hearing the pouring rain outside…Not bad. Especially when it's with warm sake ;)




7 comments:

Ms One Boobie said...

Hey.. Obachan.. :)
The potato pancakes look lovely.. any recipe for it..???
thanks... :)

obachan said...

Oh this is simple! I just made instant mashed potatoes following the instruction on the package, seasoned with salt&pepper, then added minced onion which was sautéed beforehand. Then divided the mashed potatoes in several balls, patted down, put some minced parsley on one side, lightly floured all over and fried in a frying pan with butter and garlic slices. Yum!!

Next time I might go for mixing in some grated cheese or something....

Ms One Boobie said...

Thks.. Obachan.. :)
Grated cheese sounds interesting.. because my spouse loves cheese..!! I will try tat.. once the holiday season is over.. and things settle down a little.. at the moment.. we are so busy.. with the business and chloe.
Cheers..!! Keep the good food coming.. :)

obachan said...

No problem : ) I love Chloe’s pics on your site. She’s so cute!

Ms One Boobie said...

Thanks..Obachan..:)

But she can be a little monster.. whenever she wants to.. hahahah..!!!

obachan said...

;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Obachan

I came upon your site while searching the net for a Gyoza Nabe recipe. Can you help?

Thank you. 

Posted by Warren Sadler