Sunday, May 15, 2005

Sunomono (Vinegared Dish)


酢の物Sunomono (Vinegared Dish)

- ウドとワカメの酢の物 Udo and Seaweed with vinegar dressing
Shredded udo needs to be placed in water for a while to remove the bitter taste. I used a little bit of yomogi leaf and konatsu rind to garnish. This tiny bowl caught my eyes at the 100-yen shop the other day and I couldn’t resist the temptation. Cute, isn’t it?

Sunomono dish is served before rice in order to refresh your tounge and make you ready for rice and miso soup.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes.. very cute bowl.. and for only 100yen.. can't beat that.. for sure.. ;) 

Posted by MrsT

Anonymous said...

obachan
What is Udo? a root vegetable? Like gobo? I don't think I know of this vegetable. Looks good, though.
The bowl is so cute. Can't go wrong for 100 yen!!!!! 

Posted by carlyn

Anonymous said...

MrsT --- I almost worship 100-yen shop these days.

carlyn --- OK. Udo looks like this  and we eat its shoots, young stems and roots.

 

Posted by obachan