Saturday, December 30, 2006

With Best Wishes for the Coming Year...


Obachan's End-of-year Tomato Stew...?

I don’t think anyone remembers this post from 2004, but yes, this is a comforting, nutritious fridge-emptying dish that I typically make at the end of the year. It has become almost like a ritual before I leave my apartment to spend New Year’s Day at my parents’ house with my parents, my sister and her husband and kids.

It’s such a nice, sunny day today and the steam coming up from the soup is really comforting me now. (Hope you can see it in the photo.) It's a perfect lunch to have on the day before my busiest day of the year.

Well, this is my last post here on this blog this year.
Thank you for your support and friendship in 2006. Hope you keep coming back in 2007.
I wish you all a happy new year!
:D

Categories:

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a very familiar stew from my childhood! I wish you a happy new year too. I hope your busy day at work still leaves you time to rest and enjoy yourself!

Anonymous said...

very nice stew and it is a beautiful day today! Happy New Year, Obachan!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't dream of staying away! It's always a delight to see what you've got cooking, Obachan.

Anonymous said...

And a very happy new year to you too.. Obachan..!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

My mother makes a stew very similar to that using ox tails.

- Chubbypanda

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

You are right, that looks comforting and nourishing!

Happy New Year! May joy and happiness be by your side...

Anonymous said...

happy new year!!

KirkK said...

We wish you a happy and prosperous New Year, Obachan!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Obachan! May you have a happy and propserous year in 2007. I'm really glad to have found your blog. I really enjoyed reading it! Thank you!

:)

Anonymous said...

Happy new year Obachan, I hope 2007 will be prosperous and joyful!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Obachan. I'm looking forward to another year reading your charming blog.

corricoo said...

Happy New Year, Obachan !
Keep on :-)

obachan said...

amanda
Oh, you had this kind of stew when you were small? I wouldn’t have liked this kind of vegetable-rich stew when I was a kid, but now it’s my favorite.
Best wishes for the New Year!

k & s
Thank you. I wish you and yours the very best for the new year!

ghanima
Thank you so much for frequenting.
I wish you a wonderful new year!

mama bok
Oh it’s so nice to hear from you. Sorry I haven’t been you your site for a while to see your lovely girl.
Wish you a fabulous 2007!

chubbypanda
Ox tails! Gosh, it must be g-o-o-d!! Can you ask your mom if she could adopt me? LOL
Happy New Year!

Rosa’s Yummy Yums
I wish you a happy and prosperous New Year. :)

tiptup
Thanks. Have a great year of the wild boar. ;)

kirkk
Thank you.
I wish you and yours the very best for 2007.

lysithea
Happy New Year.
It’s very nice of you to come over and leave nice comments so often. Hope you keep coming back in 2007, too.

pip
Thanks. I wish you a wonderful 2007, too.

june
Happy New Year. Yeah, I’ll keep blogging so come and enjoy any time ;)

corri
Happy New Year to you, too.
Wish you a lot of wonderful happenings in 2007.