Sunday, December 17, 2006

Xmas Fruitcake... Baking

Yep, now my Christmas fruitcake is in the oven. Same recipe (but halved the amount of molasses) and same procedure as last year.

Next step is going to be making bunch of Christmas cookies, which will take place by next weekend. I’m going to spend the rest of today hunting recipes for holiday cookie recipes. Looks like they didn’t have the virtual holiday cookie recipe swap this year? Oh well, there are still plenty of recipes in cyberspace to choose from. I’m thinking about picking 2 or 3 recipes in addition to my staples: big soft ginger cookies and matcha cookies.

OK. Now it's done!


Obachan's Christmas Fruitcake 2006

It’s going to be brushed with generous amount of white rum and stored in my fridge for about a week.
Mmmmm.... can't wait to taste it! :)


Categories:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks wonderful!

obachan said...

Thanks! Are you planning to do (or already doing) a lot of baking for Christmas?

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

That looks particularly delicious! I love that kind of cake...

Anonymous said...

Hi Obachan! Your xmas fruitcake looks really good! Soft and moist like. So how did it taste like?

I usually don't like fruitcakes - I don't like them when they're cold and hard.

Merry Christmas to you! :)

obachan said...

Rosa's Yummy Yums
Thanks. BTW, thank you for posting lots of helpful information for holiday cooking on your site!

Lysithea
I haven't tasted it yet. It's sitting in my fridge, maturing.
Merry Christmas to you, too :)