Friday, December 15, 2006

Hey, What Do You Think about My Very First Lemon Meringue Pie?


Lemon Meringue Pie

Yes! I gave this a try this afternoon to use up the lemon curd that I made the other day. My very first lemon meringue pie! What do you think?

I've been wanting to make a pie with meringue looking like these. Well, at my very first try, my meringue didn't turn out as artistic as those photos, but still not too bad, I guess. And just as I expected, the combination of lemon curd and meringue is oh so very good! ;)
Yum!


Categories:

8 comments:

stefana said...

Your lemon meringue pie looks great! You could sell it in a cake shop. That's something I've been meaning to try myself sometime, I just hope it's not too tricky...

Anonymous said...

That looks great! Must have tasted even better :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Obachan, your lemon meringue pie looks really pretty! I bet it tastes very nice too! :)
Cheers!
-lys

Anonymous said...

I think your Lemon Meringue looks fantastic. I can even taste its sourness and sweetness from your picture. :D

Anonymous said...

Ooooh! Pwetty!

*ahem* Sorry. It's really delicious loking.

- Chubbypanda

obachan said...

stef
Thanks. In my case, with a pre-made lemon curd and store-bought pie crust, it wasn't tricky at all. Hahaha...;)

k & S
I did like the taste. Thank you all who gave me the idea.

lys
It was so good with a nice cup of tea.

sue
Mmmm.. you have a good imagination.

Chubbypanda
Thank you. :)

annulla said...

Your pie looks great. Around here, a lot of diners pile the meringue amazingly high, so that the pie is nearly smothered under the topping.

I couldn't find a photo (I guess I should go out and take some) but the topping is higher than the one in this picture: http://oldrecipebook.com/images/lemonpie.jpg

obachan said...

annulla
I really wonder how they make the meringue so tall. Mmmm...There must be a secret. ;)