Sunday, January 07, 2007

Instead of Nanakusa-gayu...


Nabeyaki Udon (cooked in a clay pot)

Yep, I thought about having Nanakusa-gayu today. Having so much osechi and sake yesterday, warm and comforting rice porridge with healthy herbs seemed like a very good idea. But when I picked up one of the packages of fresh "Nanakusa (seven-herbs)" at a supermarket, my inner voice said, “Hey, with Nanakusa-gayu, you can’t use up the leftovers from yesterday.” That’s right. So this is what I had today instead: Nabeyaki udon with lots of toppings. Most of the toppings look familiar, right? What’s on top right is a soggy kakiage made with mitsuba, burdock and dried shrimp. And under the udon noodles, plenty of carrot and daikon strips are hiding.

It’s so cold outside, but I’m in a warm room, eating this nabeyaki udon at kotatsu, watching TV. Totally relaxed and contented… Mmmm…Happy....
Hope everyone on the face of the earth is happy and contented like me on a cold winter night like this.
:)

Categories:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe I should get a kotatsu.....

Anonymous said...

oishii! love your blog.. i'm addicted

Anonymous said...

After looking at this picture of your udon, I'm happy too. (^_^)

- Chubbypanda

Anonymous said...

Obachan you really do have a way with words. Your description of your evening sounds so cozy and heavenly.

obachan said...

tiptup
Hahaha… Be warned. It’s dangerous. If you get kotatsu, soon you’ll find yourself confined to it all day, with everything placed on the floor within your reach. And you end up asking someone else to go to the bathroom for you instead of you because you don’t want to get out of the comfee kotatsu… ;)

jim
OH, that’s a very good addiction. Come any time ;)

chubbypanda
I’m glad that my udon made someone happy.

Joanna
You think so? Thank you. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi there, first time to your blog, really enjoy all the fine eats. Great pictures, by the way, cheers & a happy new year to you :)

obachan said...

Hi! Thanks for your comment. Happy new year to you, too.
Hope you keep coming back and enjoy my food photos and stories.
I like your name, BTW ;)