Thursday, July 17, 2008

Ginger Pineapple Sorbet

Ginger Pineapple Sorbet adapted from Sam Choy's Sampler

I tried out the ice cream recipe that Kat kindly shared in her comment to my blueberry post. Yeah, like she said, it was more like ice cream than sorbet. I loved it! :D (But if the ginger flavor was stronger than this, I would have preferred more sorbet-like texture.)

So, the next step is adapting this recipe for my blueberries. Mmmm... it'll probably be a major project for this weekend. Oh boy! The number of my precious blueberries is limited. I can't afford to fail. Maybe I should buy some frozen blueberries and make test batches beforehand?

P.S. Thank you so much, Kat.


Categories:

4 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Delicious! I love that gorgeous flavor combination!

Cheers,

Rosa

K and S said...

I'm glad you like this, Obachan :)

Anonymous said...

Best of luck on your blueberry ice cream! I admire your bravery - even though I have an ice cream maker, I never dare to make ice cream with berries because I'm afraid of wasting such delicious fruits. I'm cheering you on :)

obachan said...

Rosa
Me,too. :)

K & S
Thanks again. I'm looking forward to trying out this recipe with blueberries.

Christine
I guess I'm basically an optimist. (Nevertheless, I'm going to make a test batch first. ;))